Lockdown Positivity/Routine

Lockdown can be a trying time and i mean mentally. At the beginning of this i was very anxious in terms of what am i going to be doing and just feeling sad really without reason. And right before lockdown my life was a chaotic mess and i was just a ball of stress and then lockdown came and i'm like this is the absolute worst timing because i needed to be getting my life in order.😖😰😭
But there was nothing i could do so what did i do....I let worry, sadness, anxiety etc in and with so much time on my hands....I could stress all day
One thing about me is i can be swayed pretty easily lol which can be a bad trait but also good in this case cause i kept seeing people so happy and its like "Why are you so happy during this time" and then understanding that this is time to spend with yourself. A time to find joy from within yourself, to connect with yourself, heal yourself and breathe.

The most important thing i feel is to have a Routine. If you don't give your mind something to do, it will do so for itself and that could lead you down roads that you don't wanna go.
So start a Routine!!! and try something new

So here's my suggestions/routine

1. Wake up and clean your space
Clutter bothers me so this is a given for me but i also feel that it sets the tone for your day and just gives you like this clean fresh space
2. Podcast
I've started listening to podcasts which is something that i never thought i'd do but Lo and behold i actually enjoy them
There's so many podcasts out there about different things so pick any topic and just relax whilst listening to your fav podcast. i like a slow chill morning so i don't do anything hectic or intense in the morning
3. Quiet Time
Grab your bible and Journal and read a verse/chapter and just make a little note of what stood out to you and what it means for you and PRAY
4. Shower
5. Eat
Have breakfast or lunch.....I've been sleeping late hence waking up later and that means i have breakfast at lunchtime😂 but eat and take care of your health

The rest of the day is your playground.........

1.Call People 
One thing i've been TRYING to do is call people more...me and my phone aren't friends lol but i'm making an effort to call up people and just say hie
2.Have a Dance Party
Put on some Afrobeats and dance in your room hahahahha.....
3.Go outside
Well...not outside outside but leave your room and go sit out in the Garden or by the lawn and get some fresh air
4.Read a book/Study
This part is hard honestly but i'm trying too catch up with school work i was behind on...Even if its one page of notes...its something
5.Binge-watch
But not too much😂
6. Try new recipes!!!!!
7. Hangout with a friend
Some of us are blessed that we have people to physically hang out with but if you dont...social media is your friend
8. Try new hairstyles and learn how to do your makeup

The most important aspect of my routine is what i'm calling the 21 day challenge😒😂 i know so unique
Each day i'm writing down one characteristic or trait or meaning of who God is for me on that day...e,g
Jesus is..........
Day 1 - my friend ( i was feeling a bit lonely then got reminded that we have a friend in him)
Day 2 - my joy
Day 3 - my rest etc etc etc
Try it out and it can be for anything really....What you learnt from the day, tracking your emotions etc

This is probably the longest post on my blog by far lol but i truly hope it  helps someone xx Stay safe


Comments

Popular Posts