Leave a light on

Leave a light on

So most students probably got home around this time just like I did for the holidays and after my parents picked me up, we drove home. So getting home I realised the lights were on. So how many of us leave the lights on whenever we leaving the house for a trip or travelling to a relatives place?? I know my family does๐Ÿ˜‚. So this is supposed to make people or the thieves think that somebody is home and therefore this serves as some form of a reminder or safety net/ defence and this got me thinking....why we don't do the same in our lives as well. These lights could be friends, your family or even your diary . At times we tend to go away from "home" and forget who we are or we just seem to lose sight of what is important but the lights we leave on will always remind us of who we are and guide us back home.
 Personally I always write a letter every time something is wrong or just weighing on my heart and I keep these in a drawer. After a while I always go back to them and read them and I'm always reminded of how he brought me out of that tough situation or he helped me get through this and that.
This for me serves as that light...


"If you look into the distance there's a house upon the hill
Guiding like a lighthouse, its a place where you'll be safe to feel at grace and if you've lost your way"

Tom Walker ~ Leave a light on

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts