How to moisturize your 4C Hair

Moisturizing my hair was something that I had to learn to do overtime. It was such a struggle in the beginning and my arms always had a bit of a work out. I remember at first I would just put on whatever hair food or oil I had onto my dry hair and just comb it and I was done. But as time went on and after watching a million and one YouTube channels, turns out I wasn't even moisturizing at all but just greasing my hair.
So here's my simple moisturizing routine and guys I really mean simple😂 .I follow the LCO method and I moisturize my hair every 2-3 days (depending on how dry it is).
L-Liquid
C- Conditioner
O- Oil

Step 1. L-Water. It is your best friend when it comes to moisturizing. Put some water in an empty spray bottle and spritz some water onto your hair. Don't get your hair wet wet but dampen it
[Tip: You don't have to go buy a spray bottle, I recycled an Oh So heavenly Body Spritzer bottle]

Step 2. C- Leave In Conditioner. This will soften your hair and makes it easier to detangle and just adds that extra layer of moisture.
[Tip: Work in sections as it makes it easier]

Step 3. O-Oil. The oil seals everything you've put into your hair so it just doesn't get dried by the sun or blown off by the wind lol. Some people seal with oils like Coconut oil (me), jojoba oil etc or even shea butter. Find what works for you.

*The curling custard I use it when I want to do a twist out and instead of sealing with the coconut oil, I will use the curling custard*
These are my products😇


P.S : Spend some time with your natural hair and experiment with products till you find the right ones that work for your hair and stick with them.

Comments

Popular Posts